I hope you had a chance to visit Photo LA 2011 and peruse the vast array of vintage and contemporary photographs. Dealers from around the world exhibited, with galleries from the U.S., France, United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Australia and China.
Some of my top picks of the fair are:
- Michael Eastman’s stark and poignant yet unsentimental “Vanishing America” series
- Leslie Awender’s ethereal cameraless photographic images of chinese lantern plants
- Michael Wolf’s composite photo juxtaposing highrise architecture with a lone occupant
- Vintage fashion images by Vogue photographer Horst P. Horst
- Classic and historical works by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank and Julius Shulman
Feel free to contact Perkey Fine Art for more information.